Friday, March 19, 2010

An update!!

Things have been rather hectic around the Tucker home as of late.
Homeschooling, church, hospital visits, school, hospital visits, church..
Well, I think you get the picture. ;)

Ida Marie got to come home from a 9 day visit to CHOA (Children's Health care Of Atlanta)on Thursday. She had to go by ambulance (Mama got to ride with her) on Tuesday night with a fever. One week after they left the rest of my family and I went to see them and spent the rest of the time with them up in Atlanta (the reason she had to stay so long was because her ANC numbers were too low to come home.). Now we are all home and Ida Marie is doing great.


(Ida Marie and Malachi riding in the wagon at CHOA.)

Ida Marie has been doing SO well with her chemo. The doctors say the her body is responding to the chemo, which is great. At first she couldn't walk, was sick with all the medicine and ill a lot of the time, but now she is walking (all by herself!) and talking and singing and is hardly ever sick from chemo-- thank the Lord for nausea medicine!


(Ida Marie with one of her fav. nurses, Katie. All of the nurses and doctors are SO super nice!!)

She is getting better with her doctor visits now. She is helping the nurses take her blood pressure, picking out which finger that she wants the little light to go on, etc. She is also smiling and singing (the "Itsy Bitsy Spider", "You are my Sunshine" and, "Amazing Grace") to everyone that passes her in the hospital halls :). This is a BIG improvement from her first couple of visits to the hospital when she cried and was scared at everything..The Lord is defiantly blessing her! And us, as well.

I am going to try to post more often! So, come back :)
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Love, Abi.

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart, and lean not on your own understanding. And in all thy ways acknowledge Him, and he shall direct your paths."

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hi! My name is Abi and I live in the peachy state of Georgia. I am a preachers daughter and, by His grace, child of the king! I have 2 wonderful parents & 7 siblings. My youngest sister has Leukemia. Although it has been tough at times, we are learning to put our full faith in Jesus and trust in Him for what we need. Thanks so much for stopping by the "Abi Show"! God Bless~

Followers


My first two blog awards.. thanks Sarah.E!

My first two blog awards.. thanks Sarah.E!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones